Monday, November 28, 2016

Assessment

1.)  What was your reaction to the text you just read?

At first, I thought the text was a little confusing, but as I progressed things became a bit clearer. There were some parts – specifically the description of the “birth” – that I found to be a little repulsive, but towards the end, it turned out to be kind of sweet in a weird, almost disturbing way. I think I still have mixed feelings about it as a whole, but it was well written and definitely interesting.


2.)  What connections did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the story with which you were able to connect.

Just on the surface alone, the story was a bit harder to connect with. As far as some of the elements of it that one could connect with, I think the idea of making sacrifices for loved ones is something many people can connect with even if one does not necessarily have personal experience with it. Obviously, most people would not have experience with it to the same degree as the characters in the story but I think the idea of it all is familiar amongst most people. Children parasites


3.)  What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

I think that the changes I would make would depend greatly on the medium I chose; for instance, I feel as though if I were to adapt this into a film, I would want to include a little more of a backstory just to give the viewer more context going into it. Personally, I still had questions left unanswered after reading and would prefer to have more answers at the end of a film. With adapting this story into a play, I feel like some of the lesser characters either need more of a presence within the story or just to be removed from it. There are a few characters that are mentioned in the story that were mentioned that do not really add to the plot at all. Although I guess if it were a musical, those characters could just be used as backup singers or dancers maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment